Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

  • LITERAL
    (a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
    (b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
    (c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
  • (d) Explanation of what you completed.    
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
  • APPLIED
    How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 
Literal: 

a. I, Bradley Schott, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b. I actually got quite a bit of help from my mom who is in the IT field. Also I got some help from various websites such as http://www.codecademy.com. This is the sort of like Khan Academy, but for programming.
c. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvTj5YXLfzo4dDFuTWVUQXdzdE9uWEdGNHpPVE84NUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
d. I took an online course via podcast/flash video. 
Interpretive:
 This course helped me further understand computer science and the technical world. It also helped me find some of the answers to me E.Q. You can check out all of the videos/audios here: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/open-learning-initiative/intensive-introduction-computer-science


Applied:
 It helped me understand the amount of complexity there is to coding and programming. I never realized how much you actually had to learn and understand to do some of the simplest things. For example, in most coding languages you have to be very precise and exact on where you put your brackets and make sure that you have one that links up to another one because if one out of the couple hundred is off, then your program will most likely not work at all. When I first started this I focused more on my old E.Q. which had to do with coding languages, but now that I am focused more on user-friendliness, so it doesn't apply to me as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment